Talent | Photography – Igor Termenon




Spanish-born and Edinburgh based Igor Termenon has been taking photos for the past 5 years. He became interested in photography while he was studying his degree in Mechanical Engineering in Spain and after some first shoots with friends, he started to shoot editorials for the likes of Vice, Nylon Mexico or Contributor Magazine.

In the last couple of years, Igor has started to focus on his personal work and has developed his series “I used to live here”, which was part of his first solo exhibition in Spain last year. He’s also involved in different photography-related projects, like the edition of Girls/Boys on Film, a contemporary photography zine which showcases portraits taken with film cameras.

What inspires you to take a photograph?

I find inspiration in many things on my daily life. Light might be my main source of inspiration, when I’m walking around I always like to stop for a couple of seconds and see how light reflects on different surfaces. I’m also inspired by music, films and, of course, other photographers’ work.

How would you describe your work style?

I think my fashion work is quite simple and relaxed, I like to think about it as a continuation of my personal work. I never use artificial light and don’t like really high-fashion poses on the models in my photographs.

Who would you most aspire to photograph?

For a long time, one of my dream has been doing something for the American website of Urban Outfitters. Most of my favourite photographers (Tim Barber, Cass Bird, Jason Nocito…) have shot catalogues for the label.

What are your plans for 2013?

Keep on taking photos on my free time, go on working on Girls/Boys on Film and probably start a new project, I have some ideas in mind that I would like to develop throughout 2013.

WEBSITE / http://cargocollective.com/igortermenon


http://www.fiascoplus.com/2012/12/talent-photography-igor-termenon



You have read this article Igor Termenon / photography with the title Talent | Photography – Igor Termenon. You can bookmark this page URL http://emill-emil.blogspot.com/2012/12/talent-photography-igor-termenon.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...