Amantide Electric Trike






Study for alternative carving wheels experience
Thanks to Marco Cianfanelli and Antony Lee I was able to design some speculative surfaces, based on a funny idea: Give the pilot a third wheel on the back and a motorbike sensation. I've started looking at many strange objects like the carver skateboard invented by BMW, the Carver 2 seats car, some other mini and maxi cart cars and not at last at the Piaggio MP3 scooter. Is a project I've made more than 6 years ago, I'm convinced I should make some modifications  ( :D ) but I think there are some evergreen good ideas are not so hard to be implemented.
Some features the sketches don't explain themselves:
The accelerator is in the right hand. it's similar to a motorbike throttle
For the brake just take the entire "o" handlebar to the chest (you've to put your foot down on the foot pegs)
Higher is the speed lower is the set of the two front arms (or forks). It becomes like a "not so carving" race cart.
So, please, look at this sketches like me when I've design it: a funny trike, more safe and stable,  for people who likes to take the bull by the horns..




  • You have read this article Auto Vehicle / bikes / design with the title Amantide Electric Trike. You can bookmark this page URL http://emill-emil.blogspot.com/2011/04/amantide-electric-trike.html. Thanks!
    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...